Tuesday, September 30, 2008

no shopping for awhile

well if you read my last post i was confused about car seats, after MUCH research and debating i did decide on the Britax regent x3 and a Britax Marathon x1, yikes i won't even share what my total was lets just say i will be earning some nice Disney world points. I'm still a little sick to the stomach on the big price tag but confident in my kids safety. I went with elitecarseats.com and they were very helpful, they gave me a nice discount since i did purchase 4 car seats. I went ahead and bought Hayden's now since they were giving a discount and he probably will go in it after christmas or so, he is getting heavy in his car seat but it is so convenient for when he is sleeping to just put him in the stroller, although i won't be going to the mall anytime soon so i guess that isn't a worry. LOL Anyway i think i am more freaked out just b/c of this whole economy issue, obviously we aren't retiring anytime soon but i don't even want to look at our investments, which i wont' b/c nothing we can do about it.
the kids are doing great, they love their big kid bikes although they are hard to pedal for them right now so tomorrow after the gym we will play outside. We also did book our trip to Disney for the first part of May so looking forward to that, we are going with my mom. I also did start part of my Christmas shopping last week, and am happy to report i think outside of some clothes i am done with Christian. Oh well the kids are at MDO today and i have a ton of chores i would like to attempt today such as dishes and cleaning out the closet although the latter may be a two day job. I'm just glad to not be wearing maternity clothes, although i don't know how breastfeeding friendly my prepregnancy clothes are, do you think i can justify to CHris that since we don't have to buy formula i can get some breastfeeding friendly shirts. We are going to a wedding this weekend and bringing Hayden i will have to see if i am going to be able to nurse Hayden in my dress if not then i will have to pump and give him a bottle which i really don't like. It is just time consuming to pump and gets uncomfortable if you wait to long!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

i HEAR YOU i WISH i HAD CARSEAT ISSUE i JUST HAVE A LAWYER BILL TO PAY THAT IS WEIGHING HEAVY ON MY MIND RIGHT NOW... yEAH FOR THE DISNEY POINTS THOUGH HEY YOU WANT TO PUT A LAWYER ON THERE TOOO YOU WOULD HAVE AND OBSENCE AMOUNT OF POINTS THEN.

Sally said...

I work for EliteCarSeats.com and wanted to say thanks for the mention! Goodness knows we work really hard to make our customers happy. With the seats you bought, though, you should be done with car seat purchases for a while!

Jennifer said...

I don't even look at any of my investment mail...too depressing. It really freaks me out, considering my family's livlihood depends on all of this nonsense.