Monday, July 21, 2008

a final chapter

today was the final chapter in my reporductive history, i had a tubal ligation. it was very sad for me as i will have no more kiddos, but i also feel like we have completed our family. i didn't think it would be any big deal, yeah right the cramping was awful and i couldn't empty my bladder until around 5pm, i do not like general anesthesia, i am feeling much better but i am off to bed super tired. I had a great day, chris played mr. mom and worked on dishes, laundry, etc,. it was nice to be a slug for a day even if i had to have surgery for it. the triplets are at my moms for the second night in a row and Mr. hayden is with us. it was also nice to not have any back talk today when i wasn't feeling good. Tomorrow i pick them up, i do miss not tucking them in bed but it is nice to also have a break and have the house to ourselves for a day, i can watch whatever i want, sneak in some chocolate without sharing or just using the bathroom by myself!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sounds like a nice day other than the whole surgery thing. Wouldn't that be a treat every three months or so. A whole 24 hours without a child.

Amanda said...

I'm glad everything went well! Sounds like you had an enjoyable day despite the fact of surgery, enjoying some "almost" alone time.
I hope you get rested by tomorrow!