Monday, February 25, 2008

Emma is in the hospital

so Sunday Emma was increasingly letharigic and just not well, she was constantly coughing and her fever of five days wasn't coming down at all. I called the Dr and we started her on respiratory treatments every four hours, I listened to her lungs that sounded like crap and told Chris i wasn't convinced that we wouldn't end up in the ER at some point in the day, she fell asleep after finally eating lunch, hence the picture which EMma nevers falls asleep anywhere but bed. After her afternoon treatment she kept couging with no end in sight so off to the ER we went, we got there and her oxygen level was 90% normal (98 and higher) so she got three more treatments, xray,and an IV and the diagnosis is pnuemonia, she was on oxygen until today when being the nurse i am i weaned her off around 3pm, well CHris just called and her sats are back down to 89-90 without the oxygen, if she can't stay off the oxygen by Wed, the dr said he is shipping her to St. Louis, so please say prayers she gets better and doesn't have to go, i don't think i can handle much more stress, i am a pregnant hormonal third trimester, exhausted woman and may just flood the metro east with tears. I have never seen Emma so sick in her life, I stayed with her last night and am sleep deprived so things are appearing much worse, Chris is with her tonight so i could sleep and see the other two and go to my Dr's appt in the am, i cried leaving Emma tonight, i am so torn between the kids right now. I've always stayed with them at the hospital but i know that physically i can't do it. It sucks everybody's kids are sick this time of year and i am sorry to complain b/c i know it could be so much worse but i feel a little better for venting, i am off for a much needed shower and lay on our new mattress which i love. Hope tonight is good b/c Audrey is starting again with the cough and fever so i hope we dont end up with number two in the hospital. Have a great night.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Poor babies..and I am complainig about mine, I feel your pain being torn,mine was school and maggie, I didn't want to leave her, but couldn't stay home. I will be praying many prayers for you and your little ones tonight and always, quick recovery wishes coming your way.

Jennifer said...

That poor baby girl...My thoughts and prayers are with you guys. Call if we can help in anyway. Just what you need, some more stress at this time in your life. Take care of everyone in your family.

AmyWhit said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your baby is so sick, Dana. I will say a prayer that she has a speedy recovery and won't have to be moved.

Amanda said...

I'll will definitely lift Emma up in prayer until she is well. I'll keep you in my prayers too that you get the rest you need while taking care of the kiddos. Hugs girl!